none
IE11 Enterprise Mode - Partially functional RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm testing something in IE 11 - I need a site to open in IE7 document mode, so have used the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager to create an xml file.

I can tell that the device is using the xml file (the version number increments in the HKCU key) but the site continues to render in Edge mode.

The only mode that I seem to be able to use is Enterprise mode.  If I try on a non-domain joined device Enterprise mode works as expected - i.e. I can set any site to open in any mode I choose.

A domain joined PC however only seems to apply sites that are set for Enterprise Mode and not any of the other available modes

Any help appreciated!

C

Carl Barrett | Twitter: @Mosquat

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:59 AM

Answers

• A GPO setting was conflicting - only Enterprise Mode sites would work, sites set for other document modes would not. 

We are now sorted though as we can just put the sites into Enterprise Mode

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:54 PM
  • If you disable "Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for local intranet" - it means that Enterprise Mode is the only choice you can make for IE11 Enterprise Mode - the other settings no longer seem to work which I expect is by design

• Marked as answer by Carl_B_ Friday, April 10, 2015 7:33 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 8:06 AM

All replies

• I think there is a GPO setting that is causing EM to only work partially. I have moved the device to an OU where only basic GPO is applied....and google is opening in IE 8 document mode.

I will find the setting and feedback to help anyone else who may encounter this :)

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:02 PM
  • Hello Carl Barrett,

What is your current situation?

Use the command update /force to force group policy refresh.
    Please use the command Gpresult /h report.html /f to check if the policy is normally applied.

For more information about gpresult, please take a look at the following article.

http://blog.thesysadmins.co.uk/group-policy-gpresult-examples.html
    Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:52 AM
  • A GPO setting was conflicting - only Enterprise Mode sites would work, sites set for other document modes would not. 

We are now sorted though as we can just put the sites into Enterprise Mode

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:54 PM
  • If you disable "Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for local intranet" - it means that Enterprise Mode is the only choice you can make for IE11 Enterprise Mode - the other settings no longer seem to work which I expect is by design

• Marked as answer by Carl_B_ Friday, April 10, 2015 7:33 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 8:06 AM