none
Deploying Windows 10 (1607) - Cannot set Danish display language

Question

• I am deploying Windows 10 (1607) and try to set Danish display language. I have downloaded the latest language pack (Win_10_1607_32_64_MultiLang_LangPackAll_LIP_X21-05987), but it seem to lack the danish display part. It installs fine together with other packages in my MDT setup. But even though I have set the language settings in unattend.xml as I usually do when I deploy Danish images, it does not display (defaults to english).

It might be that the danish display language simply isn't included in the pack, and instead offers it for download. This link does not mention Danish explicit:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/available-language-packs-for-windows

Does anyone know, how I can set Danish display language automatically in Windows 10 (1607)? It does show up as a download feature, but I need this file to be able to deploy it.

Monday, March 20, 2017 10:53 AM

Answers

• Thank you, but I need both US and DK language installed, so the same image can be used for different primary language deployments, and only need to maintain 1 golden image.

So instead I made a base image Task Sequence in MDT of Win 10 x64 Ent. US version 1607. The Task Sequence will patch it up fully and add some packages like .Net, Feature-On-Demand (Danish) and also the Danish language Pack. I use this image to deploy different primary languages using the unattend.xml, and also offer an easy switch between languages.

• Marked as answer by lyngsie Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:11 PM
    • Edited by lyngsie Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hello

I think you have to import those language packs into the "Packages" node of the deployment share.

Regards, Regin Ravi

Monday, March 20, 2017 11:41 AM
  • I already did that, and it is installed as expected. The problem is, that I am unaware if danish language display language is available in the package. It does not seem so. All settings in unattend.xml is OK. I did put the question here, rather than in the MDT forum, as I think this is secondary to the problem.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:01 PM
  • Hi lyngsie,

The language rule for Windows 10 has been changed. It is recommended use native images. If you want Danish alnguage, it is recommended to use Danish images.

Here is a case for reference: ( Check the last reply in this case)
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/79e4066a-5ba6-4b99-8d0f-bf906e911f28/windows-10s-language-options-are-pain?forum=win10itprogeneral

"I talked with Microsoft staff about this - we had experienced field engineer as a guest. He told, that currently Microsoft recommends to use native language images, so no language packs. If you live in Finland, use Finland wim-file, if you leave in Russia, use Russian install.wim etc. So, currently using Language Packs in Windows 10 is a bad policy."

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:57 AM
  • Thank you, but I need both US and DK language installed, so the same image can be used for different primary language deployments, and only need to maintain 1 golden image.

So instead I made a base image Task Sequence in MDT of Win 10 x64 Ent. US version 1607. The Task Sequence will patch it up fully and add some packages like .Net, Feature-On-Demand (Danish) and also the Danish language Pack. I use this image to deploy different primary languages using the unattend.xml, and also offer an easy switch between languages.

• Marked as answer by lyngsie Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:11 PM
    • Edited by lyngsie Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:11 PM