Word 2010 on MAC freezes (not responding) when copy and paste RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am using Microsoft Office, Word 2010 for MAC. 

Every time I am working on a somewhat long document (5-20 pages) it tends to freeze every 10-15 minutes. It usually happens when I am copying and pasting something. I get the little rainbow wheel saying it is not responding. I have to Force Quit the document and re-open the Recovery File, but sometimes not everything gets saved. It's just really annoying and it makes it really hard to work. 

Please help! Have to finish this project today. 

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you using Word 2011 for Mac? If so, please try the following steps and check if it helps:

1. Close all your open programs
    2. Open Finder
    3. Press and Hold Option button, then click GO on the top tool bar. Keep holding the Option button down and click on Library
    4. In the Library, click on Preferences
    5. Look for the file com.microsoft.word.plist
    6. Move the file to your desktop
    7. Close the Library file

8. Open Word again, this will take you through a Welcome screen. Which means your word software is reset.

See a similar issue discussed here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macword/word-crashes-when-i-perform-a-simple-copy-and/fd1010f1-c954-46fa-8726-176d91af6d55?auth=1

Since this forum is for general questions and feedback related to Word for Windows, if you need further assistance regarding thisissue, I'd recommend you post a new question to the Word for Mac forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macword

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 12:49 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 1:18 AM