SFBO - Cloud Connector Edition ... Antivirus / monitoring and Auto Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi @,

Let’s say a company would deploy its corporate antivirus software and monitoring tools on the CCE VM’s.

Would that be supported ? If yes, I assume exclusions need to be set just like an on premise SFB deployment ...

Some questions about the Auto-Update:
    The updated VM’s that are built, are they a copy of the current images or are they based on newly deployed OS images?
    Would the corporate toolset (AV/monitoring) have to be redeployed ?
    Thank you,
    Koen

PS: Anybody has any details to share on the HA improvements of version 1.4.1?

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hello Jim Xu,

Thank you for your answer.

As you say ... could be started ... I cannot say I am convinced :)

From other sources, I understand that Microsoft wants us to see the CCE as a black box and wouldn't allow the installation of any 3rd party software.

Kind regards,

Koen

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Koen,

Welcome to our forum.

Q: The updated VM’s that are built, are they a copy of the current images or are they based on newly deployed OS images?

A: we should create new base virtual disk (VHDX) using new ISO file, then base virtual disk will be generalized (Sysprep) and cleaned up, please refer to the following link about “Prepare base virtual disk (VHDX) from downloaded ISO file”:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740649.aspx

Q: Would the corporate toolset (AV/monitoring) have to be re-deployed?

A: it will be re-deployed on new VM.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, September 19, 2016 6:53 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Hello Jim,

Thank you for your fast response :)

I do have some doubts about the creation of a new vhdx from ISO when the Auto-Update of the CCE kicks in. For example, when converting the ISO to a VHDX, you get the chance to enter a proxy server ... how will the Auto-Update do this.

Couldn't it be that the Auto-Update starts from the BaseVM (instead of starting from the ISO) ?

That way, we could maybe adapt the BaseVM and include the antivirus and monitoring agent in there.

Thank you,

Koen

Thursday, September 15, 2016 7:29 AM
  • Hi Koen,

As I am concerned, the auto-update and A/V could be started from the BaseVM, because the base VM will be generalized (sysprep) at the end, and cleaned up, leaving only the generated virtual disk file.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, September 19, 2016 6:53 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 9:18 AM
  • Hello Jim Xu,

Thank you for your answer.

As you say ... could be started ... I cannot say I am convinced :)

From other sources, I understand that Microsoft wants us to see the CCE as a black box and wouldn't allow the installation of any 3rd party software.

Kind regards,

Koen

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:19 AM