none
Multiple RD session host in single license server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to configure 2 session host in a single license server..?

Recently i have configured 2 session host in a single license server and it is "user based" Cals license  but only one session host is getting connected and able to take RDP session but from the second one i am getting "The remote session was disconnected because there are no remote desktop license server available to provide a license."

i want take both the session host server RDP session and it should communicate from the same license server and from the same license Cals bunch.

Please Help ....

Thanks

Thursday, December 20, 2018 8:00 PM

All replies

• There should be no problem to connect multiple RDSH to the same RD License Server.  Be sure to configure the Session Host with the same type of CAL that the License server has

Also, be sure that the RD Session Host can communicate with the License server.  It require RPC ports (TCP 135 + dynamics ports)

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:11 PM
  • Hi 

Thanks for your reply..

The 135 port is communicating from  license server but still session host 2 is not getting license form the license server.

thanks 

Monday, June 17, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Does the RDSH and the license server are in the same subnet ?

Any firewalls between the servers ?

Did you configure the license server using group policies on the RDSH ?

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Monday, June 17, 2019 12:54 PM
  • 1. yes , the license server and both session host servers are in same subnets. but one session host getting license from the license server and in the second session host server its peaking the license but  showing the grace period in days.

2. firewall is not there in between session hosts and license server.

both the session host are configured in gpedit.msc targeting to the license server and its per user based license.

thanks 

• Edited by kljoshi88 Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:40 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:31 AM