none
Audiocodes Call Forking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As Audiocodes support and documentation aren't the most helpful :)

looking for some assistance please.

Has anybody implemented Call Forking on an Audiocodes SBC.

We have it setup as per their documentation but can't figure out where we put the numbers it needs to call

So the dest user prefix is set to the number that's being called, we're then sending it out on the same IP Group (SIP Incoming > SIP Outgoing)

So presumably I need to put it in the Action table but there's nowhere where you can enter the number so all it's doing at the moment is trying to send it back out to the SIP Group with the same destination number.

I can do an Outbound Manipulation but that only works if it was calling 1 number and defeats what Call Forking is supposed to do. I'm sure it must be easy.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Shaw,

I'd reviewed that documentation which is quite poor in relation to how you actually implement it. I got there in the end and is all working.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by K_S_C Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi KSC,

According the limitation of the forum, we have little experience about Audiocodes SBC configuration.

In my research, what I find is this related article:

https://www.audiocodes.com/media/12282/ltrt-41799-mediant-2600-sbc-users-manual-ver-72.pdf

According it:

The Call Forking feature is configured by creating a User-type IP Group and configuring the IP Group table's parameter, 'SBC Client Forking Mode'.

The device can also fork INVITE messages received for a Request-URI of a specific contact (user), belonging to the destination IP Group User-type, registered in the data base to all other users located under the same AOR as the specific contact. This is configured using the SBC SendInviteToAllContacts parameter.

Hope it will give you some clue.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 5:57 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

I'd reviewed that documentation which is quite poor in relation to how you actually implement it. I got there in the end and is all working.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by K_S_C Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:20 AM