Built-in webcam on HP DV2000 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP DV2000 laptop, purchased about 15 months ago, with a built-in webcam.  The webcam works well with MSN IM and open smoothly in QuickPlay, Muvee Producer, and Sony Vegas.

We just purchased another HP laptop and it also has a built-in webcam.  However, this one came with Cyberlink Youcam preinstalled.  I wondered if my system had the same program so started searching.

What I found in my search is that I do not have Youcam and also cannot find any way to access the webcam and change any settings.  Is there a way to do that?

I would like to download the Cyberlink Youcam.  Since I cannot access the webcam, I don't know what kind of webcam I have and/or how to determine if it is compatible with the Youcam program.

Will Youcam work with a built-in webcame on any PC or laptop?

Thanks for the help.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 8:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As the webcam is a built-in device on your computer and you would like to know how to change the webcam settings, you may need to contact HP for direct assistance.

If you would like to know whether your webcam is compatible with YouCam, as they are third-party devices and programs manufactured by companies independent of Microsoft, Microsoft engineers’ suggestions on this question is limited. I suggest contacting CyberLink for more inforamton. Thank you for your understanding.

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, June 23, 2008 4:33 AM