none
object with DN already exists in management agent RRS feed

• Question

• During a full sync I get a lot of DN

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.ProvisioningBySyncRuleException: An object with DN "XYZ" already exists in management agent "ActiveDirectory". The DNs are all groups within OUs which have been created during the initial provisioning phase when onboarding new departments. Is there a way to prevent this?

Monday, January 19, 2015 5:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Mickey,

Are you provisioning Group objects also or only user objects? And Groups are provisioned using FIM.

if you create a proper outbound synchronization rule which will by default join the existing groups in FIM synchronization. Before running full synchronize for the group data from authorized source, synchronize the group objects from AD to metaverse.

Sridhar

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:14 PM
  • Just to add my 0,02$ here - the easiest way with such error is to open Tools\Options in FIMSync, switch off provisioning (I don't know which is used in this case - Synch Rule or Extensible Code), run Full Synchronization on failing agents and re-enable provisioning.

This process helps to makes sure joins works as expected before any provisioning would be run.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:22 PM