none
Random change of ResourceID after Task Sequence completion RRS feed

• Question

• I have a test collection of 10 client devices, MACHINE01 - MACHINE10.  I deployed the same Required OS Task Sequence to these devices, the odd numbered devices I PXE booted to begin the deployment, the even numbered devices I let start from within Software Center.

ONLY MACHINE02, 03, 04 kept their existing ResourceID after Task Sequence completion, the other devices all were assigned a new resourceid.  The status message viewer shows that all 10 of these devices completed the task sequence fully without error, registering a 11143 event.

The devices are Hyper-V virtual machines running on Windows 10.

Any ideas as to why the resourceid's are getting changed or kept randomly?  All devices are domain joined and are existing functional client systems prior to the task sequence start.

What conditions cause a new resourceid to be generated?

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi MadLuka,

What conditions cause a new resourceid to be generated?
    If the device/user is considered as a new resource in ConfigMgr, it will be allocated a new Resource ID. Such as, remove the device from CM console/database, then re-add it back, a new resource ID generates. 

Please also help check if the MACHINE02, 03, 04 kept their GUIDs the same as before? I suspect that the change of their GUID leads to the change of Resouce ID. 

Here are some useful articles for your reference:

Managing conflicting records and duplicate GUIDs in Configuration Manager 2007
    Manage Conflicting Records for Configuration Manager Clients

Hope my answer could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:52 AM