none
Background user policy refresh not running

Question

• Windows 7 & 10 clients. Background user policy refresh is not running. User policy refresh during logon is running, and GPUPDATE /TARGET:USER works. Verified there are no policies preventing background refresh, nor changing the refresh interval.

Well, until now...I've just created a GPO to set the refresh interval to the default timing to see if that works around the problem; won't know the answer to that for another couple hours. But preference definitely is to have it "just work" without the policy.

Don't know how long it's been like this, but in the System logs I've looked at, the only GroupPolicy 1503 events I see occur during logon. I should be seeing them 90 minutes apart, +- 30 minutes.

No errors in the GroupPolicy\Operational log...policy appears to be applying correctly once an update is triggered. The root problem appears to be that the computer never triggers the refresh.

Group Policy Client service is set to default Automatic (Trigger Start) and runs when update is triggered via GPUPDATE.

Ideas? TIA

Thursday, June 02, 2016 4:36 PM

Answers

All replies