Not able to Configure virtualized MS2010 Outlook with Microsoft online signin tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have deployed Office 2010 with App-V. I have to configure outlook and communicator with Microsoft online sign in tool.

Previously when outlook was installed in local machine then it has detected in MS online sign in tool UI and i have got an option to configure outlook.

But in case of App-V, even the application is available in the cleint machine and i am able to run it, the tool does not detect it on client machine and i am not getting the option to configure outlook and communicator.any one have idea?

Thanks Chandan
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would suggest to include the tool in the package. 
    /Znack
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Beause Outlook is running in a package hosted by the App-V client, Outlook is not actually installed on Windows - this is essentially a level of isolation from the operating system and other applications. Thus the tool cannot detect Outlook.

As Znack says - include the tool inside the Outlook/Office package. If that is not possible, I would suggest going back to an installed version of Outlook/Office.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chandan.Omkar Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:58 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I would suggest to include the tool in the package. 
    /Znack
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Beause Outlook is running in a package hosted by the App-V client, Outlook is not actually installed on Windows - this is essentially a level of isolation from the operating system and other applications. Thus the tool cannot detect Outlook.

As Znack says - include the tool inside the Outlook/Office package. If that is not possible, I would suggest going back to an installed version of Outlook/Office.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chandan.Omkar Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:58 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:55 AM
  • Would this not be a great case for using dynamic suite compositioning?
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:41 AM
  • Thanks Aron for the reply..... I have sequenced MS online sign in tool and communicator with Office 2010 package....and MS online sign in tool detects vitualized outllook, communicator and live meeting....

THis worked.... Thanks a lot...

Thanks Chandan
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:58 PM