none
Showing Label and Description in Scorecard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have a full planning setup with actuals and budgets and am trying to report on them from within a scorecard. I have set up the kpi's etc etc and would like to show the accounts down the left hand side in rows with the account description next to it. For example

10010101 Salaries

10010102 Wages

10010103 Overtime

Due to the way planning works one is set up as the label and other is a description so they are in 2 different fields. Does anyone know how I can show them as above in a scorecard?

Regards

Paul

Friday, November 9, 2007 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

Use the MDX tuple formula in data mappings of the target as suggested by Christian; there's no need to create member properties here, though.

Use CURRENTMEMBER to access the member properties and bring back the MemberDescription. If the dimension members you have placed on the scorecard row axis have member properties defined (in Planning server dimensions the MemberID attribute has all the member properties). You can use an MDX formula along these lines:

Code Block
    ([MyDimension].[MemberID].CURRENTMEMBER.Properties("MemberDescription"))

If, on the other hand, the attribute members you are using on the scorecard row axis do not have member properties set up you can use something like this to retrieve the description value:

Code Block

EXISTS([MyDimension].[MemberDescription].[MemberDescription].MEMBERS,

{[MyDimension].[MemberName].currentmember}).ITEM(0).ITEM(0).NAME

BTW try not to add too many granular dimension members to any one scorecard axis as the scorecard's performance may be affected.

HTH,

Nick

Sunday, November 18, 2007 1:24 AM

All replies

• This is an old BSM trick for doing this ...

Build a new target for your KPI

Give the KPI a property, type: text, with some custom mdx extracting the description name (I'm no mdx expert, so don't ask me ...)

Drag the property to your scorecard

Christian Damborg

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 8:51 AM
  • Hi Christian

Thanks for the answer. I cannot seem to get this to work. Anyone else who may have the exact MDX as mine is somewhat lacking.

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:18 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Use the MDX tuple formula in data mappings of the target as suggested by Christian; there's no need to create member properties here, though.

Use CURRENTMEMBER to access the member properties and bring back the MemberDescription. If the dimension members you have placed on the scorecard row axis have member properties defined (in Planning server dimensions the MemberID attribute has all the member properties). You can use an MDX formula along these lines:

Code Block
    ([MyDimension].[MemberID].CURRENTMEMBER.Properties("MemberDescription"))

If, on the other hand, the attribute members you are using on the scorecard row axis do not have member properties set up you can use something like this to retrieve the description value:

Code Block

EXISTS([MyDimension].[MemberDescription].[MemberDescription].MEMBERS,

{[MyDimension].[MemberName].currentmember}).ITEM(0).ITEM(0).NAME

BTW try not to add too many granular dimension members to any one scorecard axis as the scorecard's performance may be affected.

HTH,

Nick

Sunday, November 18, 2007 1:24 AM
  • Hi Nick/Christian

Thanks for both your inputs. I have managed to show the description in the second column nex to the account code. A bit of a work around but does the job.

Thanks again

Regards

Paul

Monday, November 19, 2007 6:34 AM