none
Data entry "quirk" in PWA Enterprise Custom Lookup Tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have found that when entering data into on this page (PWA Settings|Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables|Lookup Tables for Custom Fields|RBS) that there is a "quirk" when entering data into the Code Mask and Lookup Table grids.  

If you would like to change data in a field that already has a value you cannot delete the value that is in there and then type a new value.  For example: the default line in the Code Mask table has a . in the Separator column.   I wanted to make that a -.  I clicked in the field and was given a cursor.  Deleted the . and suddenly the cursor disappeared.  No amount trying was able to make that field editable again.  I had to cancel out of the whole page and go back in.  Found it also happened in the Lookup Data table.  

The workaround is to click in the field and type your replacement data first THEN delete the old data.  I could not find this written anywhere or on any other forum posts.  Is this a feature?  or a bug?

Thanks,

Sabina

Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hello Sabina,

I cannot reproduce the issue. It allows me to change values for existing lookup values and code mask using steps mentioned by you. Try deleting IE cache and check if that helps. Also check if you can edit lookup values and code mask from other system.

Also check if you are running into issue mention in below blog. There known issue with editing some of the grids in Project Server 2007 and Project Server 2010. When the entire contents of an editable cell are deleted, that cell becomes un-editable until the page is refreshed.

https://blogs.technet.com/b/projectadministration/archive/2011/03/15/microsoft-project-server-2007-2010-internet-explorer-9-support.aspx

If your running IE 9 and running into above issue then I would recommend installing latest patch for IE9 or upgrade to latest IE version. It works for me in IE10

Thank you,

Kiran K

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:41 AM