No Update Windows 7 Creators RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have a WSUS with computers Windows 7

I do not want my computers with "Windows 7" to be upgraded to Windows 7 Creators.
    How can I prevent them from being upgraded to Windows 7 Creator from WSUS?
    Which KB is the one I have to block?

Thank you

Monday, June 5, 2017 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi santyuste,

To upgrade win7 to win10 1703(creator), we need to do several additional configurations:

1. The WSUS server need to be or higher than WSUS 4.0. On WSUS 4.0, we also need to install KB3095113 and KB3159706, check "upgrade" in classifications and sync the upgrade files into WSUS server;

2. After sync, we need to "approve" the upgrade file for clients to install;

3. In wsus site in IIS, we need to add .esd into MIME type.

So, if you didn't do the above configurations, you don't need to worry about upgrading win7 to win10 1703 automatically and stealthily.

By the way, the upgrade file likes below, if they are synced into your WSUS server, just not approve them, so clients will not detect them.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:01 AM
  • OK

Thank

And if i have a Windows 10 computer and NOT want to upgrade for Windows creator..... ¿With KB i have blocked in WSUS for this pcs?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:17 PM
  • Hi santyuste,

Yes, if you don't want win10 to upgrade, you may also "Not approve" or just "Decline" the upgrade file, so that they won't be upgraded automatically.

In addition, if the replies could be help, you may mark useful ones as answer, if you have other questions, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Hi.
    I have done a search in WSUS to decline the updates to Windows creator, but I do not get any as in the screenshot that you have put "Windows 7 and 8.1 upgrade ..."
    I send a screenshot of what comes out in the search for my WSUS
    I do not know which one I have to declint for updating windows 7 to windows 7 creators

The updates that appear in the search I understand that it is in case you have already installed the creator and you want to update those specific patches for windows creator

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"><v:formulas></v:formulas><v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" o:extrusionok="f"> <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
    </o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape alt="" id="Imagen_x0020_2" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" style="width:490.5pt;height:619.5pt;" type="#_x0000_t75">
    <v:imagedata o:href="cid:image001.png@01D2DFB9.570F25C0" src="file:///C:/Users/smartin/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png">
    </v:imagedata></v:shape>

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:46 PM
  • Hi santyuste,

You may create a view for "Upgrade":

Click "Updates", then click "Action">"New Update View"

Then we may see all upgrades in the "Upgrade" view. If you don't see "Win7 and win8.1 upgrade..", they may not be synced into WSUS server, then we don't need to worry about it be installed on the clients via WSUS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, June 8, 2017 1:22 AM
  •  I created the view as you indicated.
    I do not see any "upgrade"
    Could it be because this disabled this option? (Attached screenshot)

If so, I understand that computers are not updated by wsus to windows creator. It is not like this?

Thanks

Thursday, June 8, 2017 3:51 PM
  • Hi santyuste,

Yes, you didn't check "Upgrades" in "Classifications", so there's no upgrade metadata in the WSUS server. If so, we just have no need to worry about win10 upgrades being installed by clients.

Best Regards,

Anne

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if you have other concerns, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, June 22, 2017 1:41 AM