none
How to stop remote desktop users to see other users' printer on remote desktop server? RRS feed

• Question

• I've configured a Remote Desktop Server using Windows 7.  However, I found that when user log in to server.  Windows have write the users' redirected printer information in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices.  The problem is when a user log in, his redirectd printer information IS NOT only writen to his own registry.  The redirected printer information has been writen to all users' registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices.  From time to time, the registry file become bigger and bigger.  This will decrease the server performance.

Now I've an ERP software which will reterive printer information from the registry.  Therefore, other users and print on ALL printer in the program printer list even they cannot find that printer in Windows Devices and Printers List.

So, is there any method to stop Windows to write users reditected printer information in other users's registry entry?  Thank's for your help!

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:58 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately you can't... unless you restrict c$

Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!! Please don't vote me for answers... because i do not want others to feels that i'm cheating ? :) In any case God knows :)
    • Proposed as answer by Crystal Rays Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Monday, November 14, 2011 11:43 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:43 AM