none
Local Application VS Virtual Application : local App when both exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I would like that when a Local Application exist, the Virtual App/Package does'not start (silently, with no message or pop-up)

I tried to include the ABORTRESULT and/or SUCCESSRESULT option in the OSD with no success.

I tried Dos/bat file Command into “SCRIPTBODY”, and also with a link to a vbscript in a “HREF”, but nothing works.

Example that I already tried :

--------------------------------------------------

<DEPENDENCY>

<CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.6.0.0"/>

<SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="STREAM" WAIT="TRUE" TIMEOUT="10" SUCCESSRESULT="1" ABORTRESULT="0">

<SCRIPTBODY>

IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" (exit 0) ELSE exit 0

</SCRIPTBODY>

</SCRIPT>

</DEPENDENCY>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or

<DEPENDENCY>

<SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" WAIT="TRUE" PROTECT="FALSE" TIMEOUT="TRUE">

<SCRIPTBODY>

C:\\appv.vbs

</SCRIPTBODY>

</SCRIPT>

</DEPENDENCY>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or

<DEPENDENCY>

<SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" WAIT="TRUE" PROTECT="FALSE" TIMEOUT="60" ABORTRESULT="0">

<HREF>wscript.exe //nologo //C:test.vbs</HREF>

</SCRIPT>

</DEPENDENCY>

---------------------------------------------------------

I already look to the OSD Illustrated, around the web, and on this Forum… but nothing help.

Does anybody know this problem, have a clue, or may be a solution, a script…

Thanks for your help,

V-Dul

• Edited by V-Dul Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:36 PM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The problem was a bug, I made an update to the latest SP2 version of the Appv client and everything works fine now. When the client detect a local version of an application, that blocks the virtual one. I can continue to work on my script now.

Thank you for your help

V-Dul

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Some remarks;

First one doesn't define PROTECT=

Your first script would always exit with 0 - perhaps it would be a good idea with different exit code depending on if you find the file or not?

Not really sure what happens, so can't say what to improve. The first scriptbody would perhaps need an cscript / wscript first - would perhaps also be an idea to specify if it should be a 32-bit / 64-bit (system32 vs syswow64) (assuming 32bit..).

so, as opposed to the "NOT WORKING" description, perhaps you tell us what happens when you attempt the above code samples?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:05 PM
  • Hello Znack,

Thanks for your help,

Yes it's 32 bit.

I removed the "PROTECT=" and tried with different exit code as you suggest, but no success.

I tried with another package and a new script from scratch, with "Scriptbody" and another with "Href".  I know that the script is ok because i get the correct echoes and msgebox tests.

It seems that the "ABORTRESULT" attribute is not recognize. I wonder if the problem is not the app-v client and/or a bug ?

Like this post on this forum :

OSD Successresult and abortresult (sorry i'm can't put the link because my account is not verified)

What do you think ? Any idea ?

V-Dul

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:35 PM
  • hello,

First one doesn't define PROTECT=

That meant that the _first_ example didn't define PROTECT=, which is bad. PROTECT should always be defined.

I am still very uncertain on what you are doing and how it behaves within your environment

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Hello,

The problem was a bug, I made an update to the latest SP2 version of the Appv client and everything works fine now. When the client detect a local version of an application, that blocks the virtual one. I can continue to work on my script now.

Thank you for your help

V-Dul

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:06 PM