none
DPM Scheduled backups not running RRS feed

• Question

• We run DPM 2010 (3.0.7706.0) within a Hyper-V server.

This has been running swimmingly for 6 months now with hardly a glitch until yesterday.

The node where the DPM server was sitting on was taken down for scheduled maintenance yesterday, the VM was gracefully moved over to another node and brought online, nothing new about that.

The VM Node (Server 2008 R2 Core Edition) was patched, just a couple of minor updates and restarted as normal and brought back online into the cluster – the DPM server was then move back to it’s original home.

Since then all our backups have not run, it’s not that they have run and just failed, they simply haven’t run. If I go look at the Monitoring/Jobs tab there are no scheduled backups for today, yesterday or the day before, but if I modify the protection group I can see that the group is scheduled for 4 hour sync’s.

If I look over the recovery tab, previous restore points appear to be available but a Recovery Point Status report shows no recovery points in the last 4 weeks.

I would seem that the database is corrupt but would need appreciate help if anyone has ideas.

Pure

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:27 PM

Answers

• We run DPM 2010 (3.0.7706.0) within a Hyper-V server.

This has been running swimmingly for 6 months now with hardly a glitch until yesterday.

The node where the DPM server was sitting on was taken down for scheduled maintenance yesterday, the VM was gracefully moved over to another node and brought online, nothing new about that.

The VM Node (Server 2008 R2 Core Edition) was patched, just a couple of minor updates and restarted as normal and brought back online into the cluster – the DPM server was then move back to it’s original home.

Since then all our backups have not run, it’s not that they have run and just failed, they simply haven’t run. If I go look at the Monitoring/Jobs tab there are no scheduled backups for today, yesterday or the day before, but if I modify the protection group I can see that the group is scheduled for 4 hour sync’s.

If I look over the recovery tab, previous restore points appear to be available but a Recovery Point Status report shows no recovery points in the last 4 weeks.

I would seem that the database is corrupt but would need appreciate help if anyone has ideas.

Pure

An update to this:

Original issue appears to have been due to a networking issue. All Agents via the Management tab all had a status of ‘Unknown’ – network issue resolve and all agents are now OK.

This has brought back my restore point information however scheduled backups are still being missed. No backups have run at all today and if I look in the Monitoring\Jobs tab I have plenty with start times that have been and gone and yet they are still scheduled.

Date and Time of server correct and I’ve run a w32tm /resync to ensure that it’s in line with the DC.

Anyone out there able to assist?

Pure

-- RESOLVED - although the guest time/date we're all in sync with their DC, the host network was out of sync, most likely caused by the update. Got all the nodes and servers in the host network in sync and then the guests started working, even though they are on sererate domains. --
    • Marked as answer by PureTech Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:58 PM