creating custom form for sharepoint list RRS feed

• Question

• i need to create a custom infopath form for sharepoint list. I think it is simple. We can design our form in "infopath designer 2010" and publish it.

I have the following requirement

1. The form should have a file upload control, which is used to select an image from file system.

2. The uploaded image should be displayed in the form

3. Then we have to allow the user to crop the image. Then the cropped image has to be saved in the sharepoint list.

Can we do these three functionalities with infopath or no matter in any other technology. ?

Thanks, Saravanan PRS

• Moved by Jack-Gao Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:42 AM It is infopath designer 2010 (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, March 26, 2012 4:42 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

You can customize the form for a SharePoint 2010 list in InfoPath 2010 .Choose List Settings>Customize form .

1. In InfoPath 2010 ,you can add a Picture control on the list form to hold the picture .Choose Show in the form for the pictures .
    2. If you want to limit the picture to a specific width and height ,you can right click on the picture control and choose Properties .Modify the Size for the picture control .
    3. After publish the form back to list ,you can only fill in the picture url .(This is the only limit .When publish the form to a form library ,you can browser form local drivers .)

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:10 AM