none
EXporting a copy of the metaverse to an AD LDS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

hope you can help out with this small question i have,

i'd like to have an AD LDS be an exact copy of my metaverse. so i've created a schema on my AD LDS server that is similar to my MV, but i'm not sure if i can just export the whole metaverse to AD LDS.

is that in any way possible ? 

thanks !

Hitch Bardawil

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, for sure

In fact, this was (and presumably still is) the preferred way of linking two different MIIS/ILM/FIM systems to each other: MV <-> ADAM/ADLDS <-> MV, with a different OU heirarchy for each metaverse

I assume there is some app or good reason (e.g. groups or multi-valued attributes) to do this in LDAP? Many people deploy a SQL table (sometimes called the Shadowverse) for SSIS or SQL reporting/queries to avoid apps or reports hitting the MV directly but of course reference and multi-valued attributes take a bit more work in SQL

Dave

Dave Nesbitt

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:11 PM
  • than you dave,

it's not for any specific app, but i need to divide my fim into 2 and have this mv in the middle,

how would then export everything to the ldap server ? do i need a management agent linked to the ldap and another one importing form the fimservice sql database or is there a simple way ?

Hitch Bardawil

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:09 PM
  • You'd want an AD LDS MA and then sync rules or provisioning code+attribute flow rules to shadow everything to the AD LDS instance. Should be really straight forward to setup.

Thanks, Brian

Friday, August 30, 2013 2:12 AM
  • thank you Brian, 

i'm confused by one thing though sorry for that !

i thought  that the sync process provisioned and projected from connector space to connector space and well the metaverse doesnt have a connector space ...

so what would replace the import / sync process ?

Hitch Bardawil

Friday, August 30, 2013 8:51 AM
  • When you get started with your provisioning code this will be a good sample:

How to: Provision LDAP-Based Connected Data Sources

CraigMartin – Edgile, Inc. – http://identitytrench.com

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:51 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 11:29 PM
  • thanks all ! lets hope it works out :)

Hitch Bardawil

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 10:20 AM