none
IE 11 Stuck on KB3008923 RRS feed

• Question

• HELP!

The KB3008923 (Q3008923) was installed on my machine. We applied KB3025945 and it fixed the problems caused by the first BUT it broke a second application. I need to remove both. I have removed both but let me explain further.

Windows 7 is reporting (or not reporting) that the patches have been removed. However...Internet Explorer - HELP - ABOUT IE...is showing that KB3008923 is still the current level of IE.

Are there still fragments of that bad patch on my machine. If so...how do I completely scrub my machine(s) free of it.

Thanks for all your replies....

Don

Friday, January 23, 2015 5:43 PM

Answers

• ABOUT IE...is showing that KB3008923 is still the current level of IE.

More significantly use msinfo32.exe Loaded Modules to show you what you really have installed.  Sort by Version, ascending.  The Version field is text so the 11.0 will be near the top but the highest versions in that group will be at the bottom of the group.

Then compare what you have with what the File Information section for your OS shows in the KB article.  Presumably you can just use the link in the Help About dialog to get there.  It looks like the tool uses the Name field as a secondary sort key, so it may be sufficient just to do a find for wininet  to get to the "bottom of the group" (though that is not always the case, so you should check to see if you have more 11.0. below that one. <w>)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:52 PM
    Answerer