Content deployment job <name> failed.The remote upload Web request failed. RRS feed

• Question

• now i use Sharepoint 2007 SP2 and i have a issue when i deploy site to destination server.

i have error message follows.

"Content deployment job <name> failed.The remote upload Web request failed."

don't have any error message in this issue.

now i check 3 thing 

1. maxRequestLength="10240000" in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\ADMIN\Content Deployment"

2. <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="1258291200" /> and <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="512000" /> in web.config of my sharepoint web addplication

3. same 2 in web.config of Central Admin.

4. now, disk space ok.

5. Maximum upload size: in general setting of each SharePoint Web i set 100mb

but i still have this issue.

please help me.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:44 PM Sharepoint : removed from Title. No point in such a prefix
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi IPandula,

As Stefan said in his article Content Deployment - Best Practices :

10) Ensure that the patch level on source and destination farm is identical

Content deployment is only supported if the WSS and MOSS patch level is identical on source and destination. Some hotfixes have changed the schema of the export packages slightly which can cause deployments between different patch levels to fail.

Impact: content deployment and STSADM -o export/import can fail if the patch level is not identical

How to resolve: ensure that both farms are on the same WSS and MOSS patch level

You can't deploy from a sharepoint server without SP to a sharepoint server with SP2. You must update the origin server to the same patch level.

Hope it helps you, Mario

Mon Blog/My Blog (in french) LinkedIn
    • Marked as answer by iPandula Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:01 AM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 11:37 AM

All replies

• i have problem in all of my site.

and i don't have file size larger than 5mb in all site.

please help.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 1:28 PM
  • Hi iPandula,

Please check the IIS log of the central admin site of the import server and check for the http status code of the POST request going to the DeploymentUpload.aspx as this might give you more info about what is going wrong.

Also check the ULS log of the target server for errors and exceptions.

If this does not help you might want to take a network monitor trace to check the tcp communciation while performing the upload.

Is it a full  or incremental deployment ?

Hope it helps you, Mario

Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:26 AM
  • thank you, Mario.

it a full deployment.

now i get this critical message from ULS Log

"loadbalancer.RegisterLauncher fail: unable to connect to the remote server"

and i see this link http://blog.heinoset.org/2009/08/event-id-6102-loadbalancer-registerlauncher-failed/

but,  i still have this error now.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:49 AM
  • Hi IPandula,

If you don't need this service, you can stop it by turning off the 'Document Conversions Load Balancer Service' found under 'Central Administration>Operations>Services on Server'. You can find out more about what this services does (and if you really need it turned on) by reading up on it here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa979484.aspx. If you really need this service, you should change the account that the service was running under and restart the service.

This error is not related to content deployement. Do you find another error in logs ?

Let me give you two important links for content deployment :

Content Deployment – The complete Guide

Content Deployment - Best Practices

Hope it helps you, Mario

Sunday, November 21, 2010 3:18 PM
  • Thank you very much for helps, Mario

'Document Conversions Load Balancer Service'  is not need for me and i stop this services now .

But when i start to deploy my site, it fail and still have  "LoadBalancer.RegusterLauncher failed: Unable to connect to the remote server " message in log.

i have  3 critical in log file follows

6102 LoadBalancer.RegusterLauncher failed: Unable to connect to the remote server 

6103 LoadBalancer.UnRegusterLauncher failed: Unable to connect to the remote server 

6069 Unable to connect to the remote server

Size of my site is 227mb  and it can transfer to target server 227mb then it will fail.

Can i do something about this?

Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:22 PM
  • now, i setting that same http://blog.heinoset.org/2009/08/event-id-6102-loadbalancer-registerlauncher-failed/ again and critical error "LoadBalancer.RegusterLauncher failed" is fixed.

but contentdeployment status still Fail and show Error message 

"Content deployment job <name> failed.The remote upload Web request failed"

in log file don't have critical error. what i was wrong?

Monday, November 22, 2010 1:36 AM
  • i'm not sure what i changed setting, but i get new error message now.

Content deployment job 'Remote import job for job with sourceID =<number>' failed.The exception thrown was 'System.ArgumentException' : '1e1c66b8-815a-4830-bfc6-7917757e9426'

i try to googling and don't have answer to me.

i deploy from sharepoint server(non sp) to target sharepoint server (sp2)

please help.

Monday, November 22, 2010 4:22 AM
  • Hi IPandula,

As Stefan said in his article Content Deployment - Best Practices :

10) Ensure that the patch level on source and destination farm is identical

Content deployment is only supported if the WSS and MOSS patch level is identical on source and destination. Some hotfixes have changed the schema of the export packages slightly which can cause deployments between different patch levels to fail.

Impact: content deployment and STSADM -o export/import can fail if the patch level is not identical

How to resolve: ensure that both farms are on the same WSS and MOSS patch level

You can't deploy from a sharepoint server without SP to a sharepoint server with SP2. You must update the origin server to the same patch level.

Hope it helps you, Mario

• Marked as answer by iPandula Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:01 AM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 11:37 AM
  • thank you very much Mario

it work

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:01 AM