Unable to Log off? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody, I've got a computer here and I'm finding it impossible to work out whats wrong with it, its had 255 Malware infections, 1 was a trojan. Now whats happening is when it tries to shut down it cant get passed the logging off part, also, Applications run for a bit and then hang, you can start other applications but after a while they also hang. I could install Malwarebytes but I cant seem to install AVG or Avira. When I try to start it in safe mode sometimes that wont load properly and then it wont log off so I have to do a 'hard off' everytime, is there anything I can do to solve this dilemma? I've checked it for Malicious Software and that came up clear. the hdd was ok and the ram. the only thing I can think of is a re-installation of the O/S but I dont have the disc and its an ACER. I have just managed to run chkdsk and it found blank sectors which were marked as allocated but its still not working, I cant log on now. Update: it seems that the svchost is permenantly running the cpu at 50%, and im unable to start the task manager, it appears in the notification area but task manager doesnt show, any ideas how to start task manager?

Its asking me if I want to make a one-time back-up of the O/S but I'm scared that if I do it it will hang and leave the only chance of saving this computer, dead.

Cheers in Advance.

Dazza

• Edited by Darren007 Monday, March 22, 2010 11:08 PM spelling and grammar
    Monday, March 22, 2010 11:01 PM