none
Creating system capture RRS feed

• Question

• I have two tablets and a chromecast connected over wireless.

I have installed MDT in one of the tablet, with deployment share on a SD card. I have added OS, added my applications, and drivers for chromecast. Created task sequences for deploy and created media. The ISO file is transfered to USB. I was able to install OS in the chromecast using the USB.

Now the issue

The application installations is downloading some additional components from internet. I am thinking of capturing the image from the tablet as is and load to chromecast.

I have created the capture sequence.

I have updated the media, Went into Media folder, content\deploy\scripts\litetouch.vbs and selected the capture task.

It has four steps, selecting the sequence, admin pasword and asking for network credential. I dont have a domain as these are two tablets connected over a simple wireless router. I cannot connect these device to my company network as they are not company audited OS.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:06 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure I understand correctly what's your problem but it looks like you are being prompted for network credentials while trying to run a task sequence on an offline capture media?

network credentials are usually asked when you are trying to access ... well ... network locations like another computer than the one you are running from. It could be that you are trying to store the captured image on your second computer and in that case, that's completely normal and expected. you don't need to connect your devices to your corporate domain, all you need is to provide a local account on the computer you are trying to access. That account should have permissions to the folder where you are trying to store the captured image.

Could you share your bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini just in case there is a conflict with what you are trying to do. I've seen that too

David Sebban | Nelite North America | My Blog : http://dsebban.wordpress.com | Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/davidsebban

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:48 PM
  • Yes,

My problem is connecting to the network.

I figured it out computer name of shared folder can act as network. I created a shared folder in another tablet. Made that shared folder as deployment share. Username is username of that tablet with password and the domain name is the computer name itself. I created a new deployment share on the shared folder of another tablet. I added the OS to new deployment share. I added the task sequence for capturing.

One tablet has the MDT installed, One tablet has the shared folder for MDT deployment share. I dont want to create image from these two.

Then i logged into another chromecast device. gave the below command (found from google)

net use * \\tabletname\sharefolder\deploymentsharename /user:computername\username password

The command executed successfuly.

Then i gave the command

\\tabletname\sharefolder\deploymentshare\scripts\litetouch.vbs.

Now I am getting an error Connection succesful but invalid credentials. But i am able to open the shared folder and access the scripts and all.

bootstrap.ini from my deployment share
    [Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty
    [Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES

bootstrap.ini from my media setting
    [Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty
    [Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=NO
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES

Then i ran the litetouch.wsf from command line. I am able to see the error "no physical adapter present". I am connecting the tablets over wireless. Can we add a USB shared folder and use that

• Edited by Nideesh Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:19 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:13 AM