none
how to show get current name from calculated value in sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Can i get current name from calculated value?

Without display i:0#.f|membership like this.

i Just want to display the current name only.

Monday, January 29, 2018 2:53 AM

All replies

• you can try [me]

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:48 AM
  • Hi Linyus,

If i use [me] the data in field will display like this

Any suggestion ?

But, I want its display like this

• Edited by Nhdy Monday, January 29, 2018 3:53 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 3:52 AM
  • Hi Nhdy,

In SharePoint, use [me] in calculated value will show the login name. For you situation, “Nhdy Sw” is display name. If you want to show display name, you can use workflow to achieve your purpose.

Create a new column in your list, then create a new workflow in Workflow Designer, and add a "Set Field in Current Item" action. Click field and select the new column, then click value. Select ‘Workflow Context’ for “Data source” option, ‘Current User’ for “Field from source” option, ‘Display Name’ for “Return field as” option as below picture.

Set the workflow run automatically when an item is created, and check the results in the list.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:09 AM
  • You can try it by this.

RIGHT(Me, LEN(Me) - FIND("\", Me))

or

RIGHT(Me, LEN(Me) - FIND("|", Me))

I think you should update loginname such as "Nhdy Sw" at first, don't use email for login name.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:50 AM
  • Hi Nhdy,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:53 AM
  • This option does not really works. It removes the i:0#.f from the result but shows the text: membership |username@domain
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:08 AM