none
DNS setting problem with wifi access point RP-AC68U RRS feed

• Question

• I was configuring asus RP-AC68U as a wifi access point.

when the dns setting left as default "auto"

the wifi ap is not working properly, I can connect to it with phone and laptop, but most time no internet connection,

the DHCP and dns  server is on windows server which installed on vmware 

the router dhcp was turned off all the time, all the other computers which not connected to the new wifi ap are working with internet,

I changed RP-AC68U ap DNS SETTING TO static: 8.8.8.8,

then the AP is working perfectly so far

why?

Friday, June 9, 2017 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>when the dns setting left as default "auto"

>>I changed RP-AC68U ap DNS SETTING TO static: 8.8.8.8,then the AP is working perfectly so far

Based your description, it is caused by your DNS

When RP-AC68U online, your clients assign IP , DNS , Default Gateway from RP-AC68U.

If you want to troubleshooting , please run an ipconfig /all command in your laptop.

Check the default "auto" DNS if it could work correctly.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:33 AM