Running Win2012 R2 NPS for 802.11x Radius Authentication in same domain but different sites. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all;

Probably a redundant question, but I have an NPS Server being used for Radius Auth (802.11x) on one of our local sites but also want to build one at a remote site on other side of the country but in the same domain servicing different IP ranges. I assume these would be stand-alone NPS servers in the same domain and not use a NPS Proxy server since I only want the server in its site handling auth requests local to that site. Is there anything special I need to do for this type of configuration other than just standing up the new NPS server in the remote site and configuring Radius Clients (IP Ranges) unique to that site on it?

Thanks.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Brian,

You could add remote NPS server as Radius server at local sites, and then you could add local server to radius client on remote NPS server.

Here is information about NPS best practices for your reference:

NPS Best Practices

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755120(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by John Lii Friday, October 14, 2016 5:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brian in Daytona Monday, October 17, 2016 2:38 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 5:46 AM