Localhost Account no longer working on Windows 10. Unable to test ASP.Net applications! RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Visual Studio Web Developer (VWD) 2010 to develop Web applications for my clients. For Testing purposes, VWD creates a port on localhost under IIS and executes the page. However, since my upgrade to Windows 10, this functionality seems to be no longer supported.

When I try to test my page I get the following error in my browser:

Server Error in '/asp.netwebadminfiles' application

Compiler error

Message: CS0122 'System.Configuration.StringUtil' is inaccessible due to its protection level.

When I tried to install IIS Administration Console using Add/remove Windows features, but unfortunately got this error:

Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.

The Component Store has been corrupted.

Error code: 0x80073712

Please help!

Anil

Thursday, August 20, 2015 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Anil,

About your test page issue is outside of this forum scope, please move to that forum for more professional help:

https://forums.iis.net/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

About the Windows feature issue, run these command to fix the system file:

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

For more information, please read this article:

Windows Update error 0x80073712

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/957310

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, September 1, 2015 2:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:52 PM
    Sunday, August 23, 2015 7:56 AM