none
Project Server 2013 - Project Site Provisioning Settings - Do not create a site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The Project Site Provisioning Setting "Do not create a site" prevents a site from being created when a project is published. This works, but it still prompts the user with a dialog each time a project is published. In 2007 and 2010, the only way to prevent this dialog was to deny Manage SharePoint Foundation. In 2010, denying this permission does not have the same effect. Is there any way to keep this dialog from being displayed?

Thanks,

Erik

Erik RHS

Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Erik,

As far as I know, if you deny the "Manage SharePoint Foundation" permission with Project Server 2010, it does remove the dialog box (see this excellent blog post). Note that you'll get warning messages in the Queue with Job State - 'Failed but blocking correlation'. 

I remember that Paul Mather, a fellow MVP, created a macro with custom publish button (the macro suppressed the dialog box).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, December 19, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply. I should have reviewed what I wrote before posting. What I meant to say was that "In 2013, denying this permission does not have the same effect".

Cheers,

Erik

Erik RHS

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:01 PM
  • Ok!

Then I guess your option will be to write the macro I was refering to in my previous reply.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:07 PM
  • Hi Erik,

Another option is to check the box when the dialog is shown to not show it anymore for that project plan.

Regards,

Verlinden Philip | Twitter: @VerlindenPhilip | LinkedIn

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 1:30 PM
  • Nice Post
    Wednesday, December 24, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Hi Verlinden,

Thanks for the reply! Does that work for you? I checked that box over and over again each time I published the same project, and the dialog still shows up. What version are you on? I am on SP1 with no hotfixes applied, although I just found an issue that will require me to apply the November 2014 CU.

Cheers,

Erik

Erik RHS

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 1:54 PM
  • I created a support incident for this issue. It's a known bug that has been confirmed by the product team. No ETA on a fix, but I will post if I hear anything.

Cheers,

Erik RHS

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:22 PM