Vista Blue Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

Not so long ago I become familiar with "BSOD". My Vista crashed and the only thing I could do was to reinstall it.
    I am interested if there are any utilities that might prevent computer from crashing. Cause it takes too much time to reinstall and reconfig the entire system and most of the useful data got lost...

Does anyone know such BSOD-preventing tools?
    Any ideas are appreciated!
    Thank you!
    • Edited by KatherineW Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:50 AM -
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:49 AM

Answers

• KatherineW said:

Hi all!

Not so long ago I become familiar with "BSOD". My Vista crashed and the only thing I could do was to reinstall it.
    I am interested if there are any utilities that might prevent computer from crashing. Cause it takes too much time to reinstall and reconfig the entire system and most of the useful data got lost...

Thank you!

Hi KatherineW,
    Me had the same issue not so long ago. Moreover I was surprised when I faced Blue Screen in Vista. I was hoping that this "feature" was left in XP, but... I am using System Optimizer tool set. It has 5 utilities that might be used to prevent blue screen.
    You can get it here:

http://www.digeus.com/products/systemoptimizer/index.html

It is quite nice. Hope it will help you.
    • Proposed as answer by ShillaSalen Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:09 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by KatherineW Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by KatherineW Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:56 AM

All replies

• KatherineW said:

Hi all!

Thank you!

Hi KatherineW,
    Me had the same issue not so long ago. Moreover I was surprised when I faced Blue Screen in Vista. I was hoping that this "feature" was left in XP, but... I am using System Optimizer tool set. It has 5 utilities that might be used to prevent blue screen.
    You can get it here:

http://www.digeus.com/products/systemoptimizer/index.html

It is quite nice. Hope it will help you.
    • Proposed as answer by ShillaSalen Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:09 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by KatherineW Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by KatherineW Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:56 AM
  • Not all of them... Long long ago, there were "crash guard" type apps, but they went away after people started catching on that they caused more problems than they solved.

If there were some way to prevent the BSoD completely, Microsoft would have put it into Windows by now. You really think they like having their products be the butt of so many jokes? Forget about we regular users, anything they can do to improve the reliability of Windows for Fortune 500 customers, who buy Windows licenses in bulk, is something they want to do. It also helps them sell the idea that the total cost of ownership (TCO) for Windows is less than say a Unix server from Sun or IBM. It still takes a great deal of funny math to make it work out, but the less they have to torture and massage the data the better in their mind.
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:08 AM