How to make sure that recurring timed command script for a rule is executing as per the schedule RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a timed command script for a rule to execute every 5 minutes. It's a vb script and it's running successfully when i ran manually. But it was not running through SCOM. I can see this script is downloded to the agent as well. Is there any way to cross check whether the script in executing as per the schedule. FYI, The script is in enabled state and there is no overrides.

Thanks,

Fidelis

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:49 PM

Answers

• Sure look at the running workflow report - go to monitoring pane, select operations manager management pack, agent health view.  Right click on an agent and then click on the rightmost green bubble, and look in the task list for the running  workflow report.

Also, look in the operations manager log in the agent host to see if there are errors related to your script.  Running on the command-line is no guarantee that the script is runnable.  Lots of things can go wrong when run from the health-service process - the permissions are usually the first speed bump.  The health service runs by default as a sandboxed account (localsystem) with no winstation.  If your script depends on the environment, desktop interaction, or any part of the registry outside of the HKLM node, you'll fail.  Also, if your script calls off-box over the network, that will fail due to the sandbox rules on localsystem.

If you don't see it in running workflow report, look in failed workflow report.  If it has failed, there will be some trace as to why in the log.  Restart the agent to try again ...

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:16 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:14 PM