bug: outlook 2016, using 2 exchange accounts, renders public folders useless RRS feed

• Question

• Configuring 2 exchange accounts, causes the public folders to be empty.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Welcome to our forum.

>> Configuring 2 exchange accounts, causes the public folders to be empty.
    Can you see the items in the public folder normally when you only have one Exchange account in Outlook?
    Did you configure these two accounts by adding them to the same Outlook profile? Or by adding shared mailbox?
    Do other users in your working environment have the same issue?

To confirm if this issue only happens to these two specific mailboxes, it is suggested to create a new Outlook profile and add other two exchange accounts to see if the issue could be reproduced.

I tested a lot in my Outlook 2016(16.0.4266.1001), with two exchange accounts in the same profile and found that I can see the items in public folders normally like below.

If this is your case, please try the suggestions below to troubleshot:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. A corrupted profile can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

If this is not your case, please provide me with more information related to your issue for further research.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:42 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Terribly, terribly, sorry, but somehow the public folders are now visible, did not change anything except turn off / on the test vm that has this client setup.

- I could see the public folders when I had one account.
    - Yes added a 2nd exchange account to the same profile at email accounts, also kept the first one as standard.
    - I have installed some updates having now outlook 2016 16.0.5005.1000
    - It is almost clean win + outlook install no third party software / plugins.

I thought it was maybe related because of different domains and the use of groups and disabling default access.

Sorry again for wasting your time on this. I shall be more patient next time.
    Friday, May 22, 2020 7:18 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

You are welcome. No need to apologize.

According to your description, it seems that your issue has been resolved, right? If so, in order to close this thread, please kindly mark helpful replies or your own reply as answers. 

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 6:57 AM