none
Project Web Apps "Editing is not supported: This project uses features that are not supported for editing in Project Web Application. This project contains fixed-work tasks. " RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,
    I migrated a customer environment from PS2007 to PS2010 and I restored the customer db's and approvisioned the PWA site with success.
    Also, I can create new project plans.
    When I tried to open a project plan via PWA I receive this error message:
    Editing is not supported: This project uses features that are not supported for editing in Project Web Application. This project contains fixed-work tasks.
    And the only action that I can do is... Save and close the Project plan.
    I can open this plan via Project Professional 2010 but I need to open these plan via Web.
    Also, I can reproduce with all the projects plans (I cannot reproduce with a new plan created from the scratch)
    I followed this reference:
    And I applied the solution (in a couple of environment) but the results are the same (I tried in two different environment)
    What can I do? Any suggestion guys?
    Thank you in advance and best regards,
    Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Monday, February 21, 2011 5:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

there is only one possibilty: Open yor project in Project client and modify task type for all tasks. Make sure that there is no task with taks type "Fixed Work" left in your plan and publish. After that your will be able to open for editing in Project Web App and also allowed to save it there.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:53 PM
  • Solved!!!! :-)

I followed this reference by Christophe Fiessinger (THANK YOU!!)

It seems a limitation working with feature: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/e777b47e-ffa7-410f-a3d6-f8c7b08756ff/

Have a great day guys!!

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Monday, February 21, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Thank you Barbara! I did it! ;-)

Best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Hi Barbara, 

Our company can only work with projects that use "fixed"work, and we have several persons who need to use the Project web app. Is there no possibility at all, to use fixed work together with the project web app?

This would mean serious problems for us.

We are about to migrate from Project 2007 to Project 2010.

Maybe you can help?

Regards

Jessica

Monday, April 11, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Hi Jesdo,

currently it is not possible, sorry. You have to take a decision: either fixed work or editing in Project Web App. There may be some change in future, but currently you have to work with this fact.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:06 PM
  • Hi Barbara, 

Thanks for your repsonse, I guess we have to take that decision then.
    Can you also explain, or do you know, why it does not work at the moment, so I can understand?

Thank you.

Regards

Jessica 

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:52 PM