OSD Server deployment and Client deployment with the same SCCM 2012 site. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have run OSD for client some years with MDT and boot menu, now we thinking of deploying servers with SCCM but there is differant temas that will administrat this. You can do  roll base with RBAC, but what about MDT, boot meny. When you log on to the pxe there is no AD authentication. Differant DP for server deployment. How to sperate two differant needs?

/SaiTech

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:41 PM

Answers

• Create collections for workstations and servers (and whatever you need) and deploy task sequences respectively.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

And if you use the MDT Database together with your boot menu you mentioned, setup another MDT Database as well for Server deployment. Then you can control access to that as well.

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Friday, September 5, 2014 3:01 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:35 PM

All replies

• Create collections for workstations and servers (and whatever you need) and deploy task sequences respectively.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

And if you use the MDT Database together with your boot menu you mentioned, setup another MDT Database as well for Server deployment. Then you can control access to that as well.

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Friday, September 5, 2014 3:01 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:35 PM
  • Thanks Torsten and Jörgen,

"Setup another MDT Database as well for Server deployment."
    -Thanks. I have never thought of that. I Think I do a new MDT deployment share with a new MDT DB. I Think that will be perfect for my needs.

/SaiTech

• Edited by SaiTech Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:10 PM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:46 PM