none
Galsync with selective export? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a scenario where we have 3 forests that are in need of Galsync.
    I have them successfully synchronising using just the FIM2010 Sync Service.
    Selected source OU's import the right information to the Metaverse, however I want to be selective about what is exported to individual forests.

Scenario:

Forest A: Import all users from the selected source OUs, and export all contacts from the Metaverse to this forest.
    Forest B: Import all users from the selected source OUs, but only export contacts from Forest A to this forest.
    Forest C: Import all users from the selected source OUs, but only export contacts from Forest A to this forest.

So in a nutshell, I don't want Forest B and C to export their contacts to each other, however their contacts should be exported to Forest A.

I've been trawling the internet trying to find how I accomplish this - I was thinking to apply Filter Disconnects, but I'm guesing that would stop the users from B and C entering the Metaverse altogether - and Forest A still requires these.
    Is my only option to use set based transition MPRs to define what should be exported to Forest B & C? If so, does this then require the full FIM Installation and warrant additional licensing costs?

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:34 PM

Answers

• Nobby,

You can do this but it will require thta you modify the GALSYNC code. The code module you are interested in is GALMV.vb and you should modify the Provision function. By default it is a loop that goes through all GALSYNC MAs(which are loaded from GALSYNC.xml file) and provisions. You could add conditionals(if statements) that check for target and source MAs.

You wouldn't be using MPRs or the portal since the GALSYNC solution is typically a sync-only solution. YOu could integrated it with portal stuff but that would be pretty extensive task.

• Marked as answer by Nobbypingpong Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:05 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:27 AM

All replies

• Nobby,

You can do this but it will require thta you modify the GALSYNC code. The code module you are interested in is GALMV.vb and you should modify the Provision function. By default it is a loop that goes through all GALSYNC MAs(which are loaded from GALSYNC.xml file) and provisions. You could add conditionals(if statements) that check for target and source MAs.

You wouldn't be using MPRs or the portal since the GALSYNC solution is typically a sync-only solution. YOu could integrated it with portal stuff but that would be pretty extensive task.

• Marked as answer by Nobbypingpong Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:05 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:27 AM
  • Thanks Glenn.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:05 PM
  • Hey Glenn,

I want to export contacts only(witout mailenabled) from forest A to forest B, how to achieve it

please suggest

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:08 AM