Install LanguagePack Offline RRS feed

• Question

• I can only install one language pack offline. The second did not install. I install it on this way: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3251-customising-windows-7-deployments-part-4/. I'am installing Windows 7 64 bit

In the SMS reporting (Specific task sequence advertisements run on a specific computer) I see this message for the first LP:

smspkge$\MWP000B3\nl-nl\lp.cab to C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\Package_0001Package {BA562942-932C-4B28-B8E5-BCFEBFBA7081} added. Ready to Save! Adding language pack entries to unattend.xml Nothing to save, exit. Language pack entries added to unattend.xml successfully Copy Folder: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WDPackage\Servicing\X64 to C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Servicing About to run command: "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Servicing\pkgmgr.exe"  /o:C:\;C:\windows /n:"C:\Windows\panther\unattend\unattend.xml" /l:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS\BDD_pkgmgr.log /s:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Sandbox /quiet /norestart Process completed with exit code 0 Return code from command = 0 Remove Folder: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Sandbox ZTIPatches processing completed successfully. Commandline returned 0 Entering ReleaseSource() for \\UMCMWPSCCM01.UMCN.NL\SMSPKGE$\MWP000B3reference count 1 for the source \\UMCMWPSCCM01.UMCN.NL\SMSPKGE$\MWP000B3\ before releasing Released the resolved source \\UMCMWPSCCM01.UMCN.NL\SMSPKGE$\MWP000B3\ 

And this one for the second, the third etc:

ZTIPatches No copying needed, C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Servicing already exists locally. About to run command: "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Servicing\pkgmgr.exe"  /o:C:\;C:\windows /n:"C:\Windows\panther\unattend\unattend.xml" /l:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS\BDD_pkgmgr.log /s:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Sandbox /quiet /norestart Process completed with exit code 0 Return code from command = 13 FAILURE: 13: Run Command: "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Servicing\pkgmgr.exe"  /o:C:\;C:\windows /n:"C:\Windows\panther\unattend\unattend.xml" /l:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS\BDD_pkgmgr.log /s:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Sandbox /quiet /norestart Remove Folder: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Sandbox FAILURE: 13: Offline servicing using PKGMGR ZTIPatches processing completed successfully. Commandline returned 0 Entering ReleaseSource() for \\UMCMWPSCCM01.UMCN.NL\SMSPKGE$\MWP000B4reference count 1 for the source \\UMCMWPSCCM01.UMCN.NL\SMSPKGE$\MWP000B4\ before releasing Released the resolved source \\UMCMWPSCCM01.UMCN.NL\SMSPKGE$\MWP000B4\ 

Maybe it is a problem in MDT or something with the variables. Someone now?

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:24 PM

Answers

• ok i made a minor change to my frontend and task sequence and added 'multi' which was a package containing all 4 languages (se/dk/fi/no), so now I get the choice of Languages as normal plus there's a choice called Multi, if i select that, then it installs all 4 language packs in the package, so at least I've got that working, I believe if you want to specify an additional language to the first custom one then you'll need to add it to a separate WinPE pass as described here:- if i get a chance/time to test then i will see if i can figure that out...

To add additional language settings

You can configure multiple language settings in an answer file by specifying different settings to be processed in different configuration passes.

You can create multiple sections in an answer file that will process different language settings during installation, or you can create multiple answer files to use during different phases of installation.

For example, you can create language and locale settings in the windowsPE configuration pass with the Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE component.

You can then change the default settings in either the oobeSystem pass or specialize pass by adding settings to the Microsoft-Windows-International-Core component.

For example, you specify EN-US as the default language to use on the computer in the windowsPE configuration pass. However, if you intend to send this computer to a different region, you can add additional language and locale settings to the oobeSystem pass. The following answer file example shows the different ways to change language and locale settings during installation.

<settings pass="windowsPE">
          <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
             <SetupUILanguage>
                <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
                </SetupUILanguage>
             <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
             <UILanguage>en-US </UILanguage>
             <UserLocale>en-US </UserLocale>
             <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>
          </component>
       </settings>
       <settings pass="oobeSystem">
          <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
             <InputLocale>0c0a:00000c0a </InputLocale>
             <SystemLocale>es-ES</SystemLocale>
             <UILanguage>es-ES</UILanguage>
             <UserLocale>es-ES</UserLocale>
          </component>
       </settings>

If language settings are processed during oobeSystem, a restart might be required. Also, the time it takes for the computer to process the language settings might prevent the end user from starting Windows Welcome quickly.

My Step by Step ConfigMgr Guides
    I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    • Marked as answer by JvdA Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:59 AM

All replies

• what does your bdd_pkgmgr.log file say ?

I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:45 PM
  • The map c:\_SMSTaskSequence\  is not there. In the sms reporting logs I see this: Remove Folder: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Sandbox
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:50 PM
  • start another test deployment, press F8 around the time it starts deploying the language packs. monitor the bdd_pkgmgr.log file, what does it tell you ?

I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:45 PM
  • If you have problems with MDT approach, you could try it like this http://blog.coretech.dk/mip/install-os-language-during-osd-the-easy-way-part-1inject-language-files/
    Michael Petersen | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/mip and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @OSDeploy | Linkedin: Michael Petersen
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:50 PM
  • ok i've tested your scenario JvdA and replicated the error 13, the answer is in the bdd_pkgmgr.log file, it's looking for the second language in the location where the first is, so instead of having one language in your language package, have multiple, i am testing the same now and will see what I can do

cheers

niall

I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:21 PM
  • ok i made a minor change to my frontend and task sequence and added 'multi' which was a package containing all 4 languages (se/dk/fi/no), so now I get the choice of Languages as normal plus there's a choice called Multi, if i select that, then it installs all 4 language packs in the package, so at least I've got that working, I believe if you want to specify an additional language to the first custom one then you'll need to add it to a separate WinPE pass as described here:- if i get a chance/time to test then i will see if i can figure that out...

To add additional language settings

You can configure multiple language settings in an answer file by specifying different settings to be processed in different configuration passes.

You can create multiple sections in an answer file that will process different language settings during installation, or you can create multiple answer files to use during different phases of installation.

For example, you can create language and locale settings in the windowsPE configuration pass with the Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE component.

You can then change the default settings in either the oobeSystem pass or specialize pass by adding settings to the Microsoft-Windows-International-Core component.

For example, you specify EN-US as the default language to use on the computer in the windowsPE configuration pass. However, if you intend to send this computer to a different region, you can add additional language and locale settings to the oobeSystem pass. The following answer file example shows the different ways to change language and locale settings during installation.

<settings pass="windowsPE">
          <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
             <SetupUILanguage>
                <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
                </SetupUILanguage>
             <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
             <UILanguage>en-US </UILanguage>
             <UserLocale>en-US </UserLocale>
             <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>
          </component>
       </settings>
       <settings pass="oobeSystem">
          <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
             <InputLocale>0c0a:00000c0a </InputLocale>
             <SystemLocale>es-ES</SystemLocale>
             <UILanguage>es-ES</UILanguage>
             <UserLocale>es-ES</UserLocale>
          </component>
       </settings>

If language settings are processed during oobeSystem, a restart might be required. Also, the time it takes for the computer to process the language settings might prevent the end user from starting Windows Welcome quickly.

I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    • Marked as answer by JvdA Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:59 AM
  • Thanks Niall, thats the sollution.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:27 AM