MDT 2012 SP1: pickup task sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please advise if it is possible to run a task sequence seperately from full OS deployment.
    F.e. I'd like to install SCCM 2012 seperately from my full task sequence in which Windows 2012/SQL etc.
    Fe. I'd like to install Office from the task-sequence seperately.

Thanks for your advise.
    J.

Jan Hoedt

Friday, September 13, 2013 3:15 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can run a separate task sequence separately form the full OS deployment.

There is a sample task sequence template included in MDT called "Custom Task Sequence" that only installs a single application. You can expand that Task Sequence to include other steps if you want.

However... You can *not* run a separate task sequence from *within* another task sequence. Only one task sequence can run on a machine at a time. You must wait till the OS Deployment Task Sequence is finished before running the custom task sequence. This includes running a MDT OS deployment Task Sequence and a SCCM Task Sequence.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, September 13, 2013 4:20 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can run a separate task sequence separately form the full OS deployment.

There is a sample task sequence template included in MDT called "Custom Task Sequence" that only installs a single application. You can expand that Task Sequence to include other steps if you want.

However... You can *not* run a separate task sequence from *within* another task sequence. Only one task sequence can run on a machine at a time. You must wait till the OS Deployment Task Sequence is finished before running the custom task sequence. This includes running a MDT OS deployment Task Sequence and a SCCM Task Sequence.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, September 13, 2013 4:20 PM
  • Thanks! However, how can I start it from a pc, I go to the share \\mdt\... then run what?

Jan Hoedt

Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:38 PM
  • in scripts folder you should run the litetouch.vbs to start.
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:10 PM