Sound and Blue ray Acer Arcade Heeeeeeeeeelp!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I just had windows 7 professional installed on my acer lap top, 8930G the arcade delux, the empowering tech, surround sound and bluray all do not work it seems does anyone have any idea what to do, I can't find anything out there on the net which seems helpful. I upgraded because I could not STAND another day with VISTA its was driving me and the laptop mad.....updates crashing blue screens........however this is now turning into a major expense what with the new os and paying a tekky to do the job, and a new version of my anti virus.
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi, I'd like to inform you that Windows 7 does not support native bluray playback. You can download and install third party program to play it. Can the acer arcade deluxe be installed on Windows 7? I suggest you try install it and see the result. You can also try third party tool, such as POWERDVD, etc.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, November 30, 2009 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi, I'd like to inform you that Windows 7 does not support native bluray playback. You can download and install third party program to play it. Can the acer arcade deluxe be installed on Windows 7? I suggest you try install it and see the result. You can also try third party tool, such as POWERDVD, etc.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, November 30, 2009 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:40 AM
  • Hi Sean

Thank for your help I am having problems locating the download for arcade delux at the mo, can't seem to find it anyway, I will look into the other options though.

Thanks a mil.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:14 PM
  • I have checked Acer website and did not found the software download. Thus, I suggest you contact with their support and see if they can provide this software for Acer users who have upgraded to Windows 7. You can visit the following support link:

http://support.acer.com/ 

Thank you.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:54 AM
  • I heve been checked few months ago for acer arcade de lux and it is possible to find but older wersion after install you will get update few times for newer version

And the sound is realtec technology but sometimes you must change in control panel layout

Monday, July 5, 2010 4:15 PM