How to reply or forward to meetings created by someone on shared calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi can someone please suggest me on below ;

- we have created user name "confidential" in Exchange server..

- Configured profile of this user in outlook (This mailbox will not be managed by anyone ).

- Shared this user's calendar folder with 4 other users and given owner permission to all 4 users so they can create,edit ,delete meeting invites

- Added calendar of "confidential" user in other 4 members outlook profile

- now when one of the user is trying to reply or forward meeting invite created by other members so he is getting NDR with below message 

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

user@domain.com

You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so. Please make sure you're sending on behalf of the correct sender, or request the necessary permission. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

for sure it is a permissions issue 

Do other 4 members should give "send on behalf" permission to each other ? so any of the member can reply or forward meeting invites created on shared calendar 

please suggest  

TheAtulA

Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>given owner permission to all 4 users

How did you assign Owner permission to the 4 users? Did you do it on the calendar folder level via right-clicking > Properties > Permissions?

Does this happen to all the 4 members when trying to forwarding or replying?

Besides, when I followed the steps and tried to reproduce the issue, I only saw a Forward button but no Reply button. Generally, you cannot reply to a meeting request you owned. Could you provide a screenshot about this so that we can see whether we can find any clue from it?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 18, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Yes, The permissions are given in the way you have mentioned above.

Practically ,  here User X is trying to reply to meeting invite created by user Y . (both X & Y users are having owner permissions on shared calendar)

TheAtulA

Friday, August 18, 2017 3:34 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

>>Practically ,  here User X is trying to reply to meeting invite created by user Y . (both X & Y users are having owner permissions on shared calendar)

I understand this and I was testing on two users' computer with Owner permissions, but I didn't find a Reply option. In theory, both X and Y are send on behalf of the calendar Owner, as an organizer, they shouldn't see the Reply button when opening an appointment created by one of the owner. Does these 4 users added as attendees to the meeting invite?

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 21, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on this issue?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:13 AM
  • I have assigned Send On Behalf permissions to other 4 members on "confidential" calendar .

TheAtulA

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Thank you for the update. Do you mean the issue disappeared after assigning Send on Behalf permission? If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to correct me.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:53 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:53 AM
  • Yes, Issue is resolved. Not sure in future they might come back saying anything.

TheAtulA

Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Great! Thank you for the confirmation. Please feel free to post back if this issue would come back in future.

By the way, could you help mark your reply an the answer so that it will be easy for other forum users who encounter the same issue to quickly find the useful solution? Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:01 AM