Cannot download and save file from my Gmail RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to download a file from my gmail, I cant save it.

Scenario: I login my gmail, open mail with attachment, click the word "download" next to attacment. Then explorer asks "what do you want to do with attachment? I then have three choices either Open, Save, or Save as. I select "Save as". Here's the problem: When I choose where to save it (folder or desktop) the save button is not responsive when I click it, so I just end the process by clicking cancel.

I suspect it's that either an explorer or computer security setting got changed. But I really don't know. What should I do?

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:23 PM

Answers

• Save As requires you to enter a name for the file you want to save and the save button will not activate until you give it a name.

If you choose Save instead it will save it to your downloads folder without having to provide a name.

Please remember to flag a post that helps you as "answer" so that it may help others with same problems. | My Technet Wiki Article
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:43 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 7:50 PM
  • I suggest you post in Google forum for Gmail questions.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:42 AM

All replies

• Save As requires you to enter a name for the file you want to save and the save button will not activate until you give it a name.

If you choose Save instead it will save it to your downloads folder without having to provide a name.

Please remember to flag a post that helps you as "answer" so that it may help others with same problems. | My Technet Wiki Article
    Friday, October 7, 2011 7:50 PM
  • I suggest you post in Google forum for Gmail questions.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:42 AM