none
Implementing LAPS with Windows 7 Enterprise MUI

Question

• We have currently been using the older version of LAPS (POP SLAM) in our Windows 7 environment and seems to be working fine. We just moved to Windows 7 Enterprise and are using language packs as we're a global company.  In our previous images, we have always manually added the account in the local admins group in our reference image.  We're now using MDT and not adding the account and letting popslam add the account instead.

ISSUE: Application seems to not put in the local admin account since the name of the local administrator group is different based on the language of the computer.

Is there a way for the application to check the language and add the account to the right local group?  I'm passing a transform against the MSI to add our custom local account admin name and removing some shortcuts.  Noticed the product language property table and as wondering if that would do it.  Anyone run into this issue?

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:18 PM

Answers

• I use a transform to deploy the msi that hardcodes the local admin account (it may be overkill).  After I commented on your blog, I searched through the other tables in the msi and found the rows that reference the local administrator group on the machine.  I retransformed the msi for all the languages I support and its now working.
    • Marked as answer by CapnJax21 Friday, November 20, 2015 8:50 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 8:50 PM

All replies