none
Recovery Point Creation Failed on Some SQL Databases Backed Up from DPM RRS feed

• Question

• Reposting from Azure log per request:

I am testing on-line backups to Azure using my DPM 2012 R2 on-premise server. I have selected two separate SQL Servers, both Windows 2008 R2 VM's running SQL Server 2008.  On both servers most of the databases are backed up with no errors.  But each server has at least one database that fails to create on online recovery point.  I've freed up disk space on the SQL servers and the DPM server, modified disk allocations, etc. but nothing changes.  There are no errors on the SQL Servers.  The error in DPM is below.  Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Joe

Affected area: DEVSQL\CRM_DEV
    Occurred since: 4/5/2017 10:55:27 PM
    Description: Online recovery point creation jobs for SQL Server 2008 database DEVSQL\CRM_DEV on devsql.corp.com have failed 1 times. (ID 3188)
     Unable to create a snapshot for this datasource. Following are possible reasons and recommended actions:
    1. Replica of datasource is in invalid state. Please run consistency check on this datasource.
    2. Replica data is in inconsistent state. Please create a disk recovery point of this datasource.
    3. Shadow copy volume should have 1258291200 Bytes free for taking a snapshot. Please increase shadow copy volume size. (ID 33504)
     More information
    Recommended action: Please check and fix above possible reasons and try the operation again. If the issue persists, contact Microsoft Support.
     Run cloud recovery point job again...
    Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below
     Inactivate

Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:46 PM

All replies