SCSM 2012 Portal Issues after SCSM 2010 upgrade to SCSM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• During the upgrade from SCSM 2010 to 2012, I was told that the existing portal would have to be removed and could be manually added after completion of the upgrade. After upgrading, I ran the portal installation and it completed successfully. However, when I try to browse to the Self-Service Portal page, it asks me for my login credentials and the appears to load a page but the page is completely white. There is absolutely nothing displayed.  All the searches I've done on the web are geared toward a page that partially loads but is blank on the right side. Mine is completely blank. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Answers

• Nope. Sorry for not clear.

This only works with SCSM 2012R2! It doesn't work with SCSM 2012!

You have to install SCSM 2012R2 Update Rollup 7 on the SCSM 2012R2 DW Server and the SCSM 2012R2 Management Server first (in this order).

After this is done install SCSM 2012R2 UR8 (which is only containing the new HTML5 Self-Service Portal) on the SCSM 2012R2 Management Server.

The last step is to install the second update of the HTML5 Self-Service Portal on the SCSM 2012R2 Management Server(KB3134286) for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2012 R2 Self Service Portal

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:00 PM

All replies

• Maybe this blog pots is helpful: FAQ: Why is my Self-Service Portal/Service Catalog Blank?

Friday, June 10, 2016 5:32 AM
  • I’m not exactly up to speed on all this SCSM, SCCM, and Sharepoint stuff but after installing and reinstalling the portal, I get absolutely nothing displayed in the browser window beyond entering my credentials.  It appears, from what you’ve shown me, that I am required to connect my Self Service Portal to a SharePoint server in order for it to work properly.  So, I guess it’s safe to say that an institution that does not implement SharePoint cannot use the SSP.  Is that correct?  We have a SharePoint server, I just don’t have one in my test environment.  I am going through the motions of upgrading from 2010 to 2012 so I will have an idea of what to expect when I upgrade the production system.

Thanks

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Sorry for the late response. I am not sure if the issue still exists.

Are you running SCSM 2012 or SCSM 2012R2 now?

If you are running SCSM 2012R2 you can install the new HTML5 Self-Service Portal (no SharePoint Server needed for this).

Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager

Please make sure SCSM 2012R2 UR7 is installed on all SCSM components before installing UR8.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:17 PM
  • Quick question......should I install a new VM for the Self Service Portal or can this HTML5 portal be installed on the same machine that's running Service Manager?

Thanks.  I was about to setup two more VMs, one for SharePoint and one for SSP.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:17 PM
  • No problem to install the HTML5 Self-Service Portal on a SCSM Management Server. 

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:56 PM
  • So, just to clarify for myself, you're saying that I can install the SM and DW servers and get them up and running and then apply CU8 to both of them and from CU8 I can install the HTML5 on the SM server.  I will then be able to run the SSP on the SM server kind of like I was doing in SM2010.  If all that is correct, I'm looking forward to getting this off my plate. It was thrown on me when someone else who used to handle it decided they didn't want it any more.

Thank You!

Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:34 PM
  • Nope. Sorry for not clear.

This only works with SCSM 2012R2! It doesn't work with SCSM 2012!

You have to install SCSM 2012R2 Update Rollup 7 on the SCSM 2012R2 DW Server and the SCSM 2012R2 Management Server first (in this order).

After this is done install SCSM 2012R2 UR8 (which is only containing the new HTML5 Self-Service Portal) on the SCSM 2012R2 Management Server.

The last step is to install the second update of the HTML5 Self-Service Portal on the SCSM 2012R2 Management Server(KB3134286) for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2012 R2 Self Service Portal

Hope this helps.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:00 PM
  • I must be blind. I see now that you said to install CU7 in an earlier post. And yes, I'll be installing SCSM 2012 R2 so your instructions are perfectly valid for me. I see now that I didn't make it clear that I'd be installing the 2012 R2 version.  You've been above helpful, and I thank you.

Thanks Again!

Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:58 PM