cannot open a new window/tab without closing an already open window/tab RRS feed

• Question

• in windows vista enterprise, when i have a few apps and folders open ( nothing crazy, perhaps 3-4 apps and 3-4 explorer windows), and i want to open a new explorer window or tab in IE, i cant. I have to close an already open window/tab and then i can create teh new tab. if i right click, the menu doesnt appear, until i close another window, then the right click menu appears to allow me to open a new window.

why is this? its wrecking my head.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:38 AM

All replies

• Can you try using Ctrl T to create a new tab and see if that works?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:20 PM
  • thats how i always create tabs. its rare i use rightclick and "open in new tab".

Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:08 AM
  • hi. apologies. you are right, i can hit ctrl+t to create a new tab, but when i right click on a link either the pop up menu doesnt appear, or if it does, and i click "open in new tab" a new tab may open ( often it wont) but the site wont load. it just sits there with "Connecting" in the title bar.

if i close another tab/window i can then see the rightclick menu and create a tab with the "open in new tab" menu entry. its very fustrating.

Friday, August 1, 2008 8:49 AM
  •  

You are not alone - anyone with any more help on this. What is the limit - is it fixed in the OS, the display adapter or something that could be altered in the registry ?
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:14 PM