frequency Quota messages for mailbox only RRS feed

• Question

• We are setting up quota warning and noticed that on the database you can set how frequent to run , but I haven't found a way to set the schedule for a individual users. is there a powershell command to run against the specifc mailbox? or what is the default scheduel for mailbox (not mailbox databases)

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:58 PM

Answers

• It will use the mailbox database setting. There is not a specific setting per mailbox for notifications.

• Marked as answer by dbomb01 Monday, October 24, 2011 2:58 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 1:36 PM

All replies

• Its only set for store.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Hello,

How about using the “ArchiveWarningQuota” Syntax in the “Set-Mailbox” command:

The ArchiveWarningQuota parameter specifies the archive mailbox size at which a warning message is sent to the user.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123981.aspx

The frequency can be only set on the store level.

Simon Wu

Exchange Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:08 AM
  • A_D at the store? is there a way to see wha those setting are......Simon_Wu the links points to the set-maiboox command, but I do not see anything about store frequencey.

Thanks

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:56 PM
  • I think you already know where those settings are listed:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd297937.aspx

Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:01 PM
  • A_D that link points the mailbox database settings. does that mean that when you uncheck the "use mailbox databse defaults" under a mailbox storage option. The mailbox will still use the "mailbox Database" settings for the Warning message intervals?

Thanks

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:35 PM
  • I was referencing the notification schedule only, not the quota settings themselves. The notification is set only at the mailbox store level. I hope that makes sense.

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:44 PM
  • A_D sorry but I still don't get it.

If under a mailbox properties I uncheck use mailbox databse defaults and create a specific quota for a users, what would be the schedule interval that he will get notifications........is there a specific setting per mailbox? or will it use the mailbox database setting where it belongs to?

thanks.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:34 PM
  • It will use the mailbox database setting. There is not a specific setting per mailbox for notifications.

• Marked as answer by dbomb01 Monday, October 24, 2011 2:58 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 1:36 PM
  • great thanks.

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:58 PM