none
GPO

Question

• Hello,<o:p></o:p>

I created 3 GPO in Group Policy Management Editor > Computer Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installation but after 1 day the GPO were not there anymore.

I'm on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Thanks for your answer.<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 9:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

By default only domain administrators, enterprise administrators, and members of the Group Policy creator owners group can create and edit&delete GPOs.

You should check the event log's if gpo's was deleted by a user.Also if you a backup of gpo's.You could restore gpo's from this backup,

For "Restore a Deleted or Previous Version of an Existing Group Policy Object" check this article

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755173.aspx

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

We are just 2 persons who have the administrator access. 

I was wondering if there is any chances the system delete the GPO Software installation?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:54 AM
  • Hi

How many DC do you have on your domain?If more than one,you should check on other DC's GPMC(also check the replication between this DC's).Also check in "Group Policy Objects" tab,maybe just gpo's link deleted.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

• Edited by Burak Uğur Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:59 AM
    Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:59 AM
  • Hi,
    We have 1 Domain and 3 DC; I checked on every one of them and i didn't found my Software Installation GPO.

Somebody removed the GPO manually. I don't see any other explanation.

• Edited by gsalx Wednesday, September 09, 2015 3:01 PM modification
    Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:20 PM
  • Hi

Please run "repadmin /replsum" on a DC,for check the replication health.If there isn't any issue with replication,you already said gpo's was deleted by a user.(But already mentioned only domain admins,enterpirse admins and gpo owner did this)

Also you could configure Advanced Security Audit Policy for auditing,and create a backup plan for this kind of situations.

Check for "Advanced Security Audit Policy Step-by-Step Guide"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd408940%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Thanks for your precious answers.

I checked the replication health and everything is looking fine.

Will have a look on "Advanced Security Audit Policy Step-by-Step Guide".

Regards.

Friday, September 11, 2015 2:22 PM