Update of FCS Engine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are deploying the FCS Definitions and FCS Engine through WSUS. The Definitions are up-to-date but the engine is behind. What are the best practices for this? Does a document exist on this subject?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:36 PM

All replies

• it is the Vulnerability engine which is behind... 1.0.1710.103 instead of 1.0.1728.0 or 1.0.1732.0 any idea?

I have the list of Admins etc... reported as not best practices every night which seems to be the SSA Scan, isn't it?

How to run the SSA Scan byb itself? using FCS?

What should be the settings in WSUS? I do not see any update pending in WSUS, how these new versions are supposed to be downloaded and installed?

For the last versions 1.1732.0 & 1.1.1728.0 I did not get the Vulnerability Engine updated.

How to get the date of the latest update? I found the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\1.0\SSA\WorkingManifestVersion contains the old version but I do not see the date of installation... the date of WSUSLASTSUCESSFULCONNECTDATETIME is today 12/15/2010... and the Source is WSUS (should it be a Servername?)

Where should I look? Where should the new engine resides? on the WSUS server? Which Location? on Each Client? Where should I download it from? Which name?

Which settings allow WSUS to download this updates?

Products? Classifications?

I read the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956280/en-us but this did not help...

I noticed the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Client\SSA\Updates is empty is it normal?

Are this patches the one listed as "Client Update for Microsoft Forefront Client Security (1.0.1728.0)" and "Client Update for Microsoft Forefront Client Security (1.0.1732.0)(Windows 2000 SP4)"?:

Both of them are Approved and Auto-Approved within WSUS but did not get to the machines??? The Deployment report is shwoing in WSUS Installed or Not Applicable to 503 Machines and the FCS Deployment Report is showing 413 machines out of date it is inconsistent?

Is 1.01732 limited to Windows 2000 Servers ?

If so why the Deployment report in the FCS Dashboard lists all the machines not 1.0.1732 out of date?

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:26 PM
  • I have the same issue, can anyone provide us with some clarification
    Monday, December 20, 2010 7:54 AM
  • ?BUMP?

We tried SCCM, WSUS the updates for the Vulnerability Engine is never updated. The only way I have so far is to uninstall the FCS Agent and then re-install it this time it will be up-to-date.

The patch is listed in WSUS as deployed (:

Any automatic process to proceed?

Thanks,

Dom

Monday, January 3, 2011 7:20 PM
  • ?BUMP?

Still no answer and still failing to update

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:10 AM
  • ?BUMP?

Still no answer and still failing to update...

No server installed before the updates are getting the updates...

No error in the vent log or I don't know exactly what to look for?

Log Name:   Application
    Source:    Microsoft Operations Manager
    Date:     1/5/2011 4:37:30 PM
    Event ID:   22078
    Task Category: MOM Agent
    Level:     Information
    Keywords:   Classic
    User:     SYSTEM
    Computer:   OPMGRRMS1.ad
    Description:
    The Microsoft Operations Manager Agent on this computer received new task(s) from its MOM Server. 
    Management Group: Microsoft Forefront Client Security Agents
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
     <System>
      <Provider Name="Microsoft Operations Manager" />
      <EventID Qualifiers="0">22078</EventID>
      <Level>4</Level>
      <Task>2</Task>
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-06T00:37:30.000Z" />
      <EventRecordID>104163</EventRecordID>
      <Channel>Application</Channel>
      <Computer>OPMGRRMS1.ad</Computer>
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
     </System>
     <EventData>
      <Data>Microsoft Forefront Client Security Agents</Data>
     </EventData>
    </Event>

I am running a Full Scan from the FCS Console as stated in this article ...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ForefrontclientSSA/thread/35c48de8-7a52-4c22-91ae-b5d9f210c744

Thanks,
    Dom

Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:10 AM