My desktop can't connect to dial-up anymore after I used my laptop to connect to dial-up RRS feed

• Question

• Before I got my laptop, I only used my desktop to go online. When my laptop arrived, I unplugged the internet cable connecting modem to my computer and connected a new one to my laptop. When I want to use my desktop to go online, I just switch the internet cables. After a week of doing that though, my laptop suddenly shows that I have three broadband connections (all connects using the same password), and my desktop couldn't connect anymore. My desktop could always connect before, so I assume I clicked the wrong things on my laptop that caused this connection problem.

Sunday, May 22, 2011 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please rename the MSNIA folder under C:\users\user_profile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MSNIA to check the result.

For more information, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974171

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:48 AM