none
cannot make work newly injected driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

MDT2013 in place.

Using Selection Profiles for WinPE and Driver Group for Task Sequences.

Until now worked with W7.

Got HP tablets with W8.1. It should be a custom image.

The situation:

1. During Capturing I got Network driver issue. So loaded the driver with DRVLOAD ...

2. Captured the image. Created the task.

Added Driver Goup in the task for Net Driver.. Don't think that it is necessary because captured image contains all the drivers. I saw that sometimes Video driver even being in the image was screwed up and injection through Driver Group was necessary.

Also injected the net driver to WinPE that is in Selection Profiles (see pic)

3. Problem: when try to deploy before getting Login box I receive:

A communication to the Deployment Share \\name\name could not be made no networking Device were found on this machine.

So my WinPE did not get the driver. Right?

Before I will get an advice from forum, I did load the driver again and got LT with tasks. So at least I can check if deployment itself will finished OK. It runs now. Slow ... May be because it tablet...

See please a screenshot of my MDT. What I have to check?

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:55 PM

Answers

• Have you selected that selection profile to be applied to PE?

Right click on your DS, select properties

Click the Windows PE tab

Select the Drivers and Patches tab

Select the appropriate selection profile from the dropdown list and ensure that the network drivers checkbox is checked then click ok to close the window.

Now right click your deployment share and select "Update Distribution Share" and wait for PE to be regenerated. Now you will have to update your USB boot stick or WDS or whatever you are using to boot your VM.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:48 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:17 PM

All replies

• Have you selected that selection profile to be applied to PE?

Right click on your DS, select properties

Click the Windows PE tab

Select the Drivers and Patches tab

Select the appropriate selection profile from the dropdown list and ensure that the network drivers checkbox is checked then click ok to close the window.

Now right click your deployment share and select "Update Distribution Share" and wait for PE to be regenerated. Now you will have to update your USB boot stick or WDS or whatever you are using to boot your VM.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:48 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:17 PM
  • > Have you selected that selection profile to be applied to PE?

Sure... NOT :)

So "with a little help of my friends"  solved... just doing 5 important things before leaving to vacation...

So updating DS just was not in my head and I started to panic :) ...

Thanks!

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Have a nice holiday.
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:49 PM