none
Subscription disappear in PWA (Project Server 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• I do subscribe to a library of documents on the PWA site (Project Server 2010). About a week later, my subscription disappear. Also disappear subscriptions of other users who created them.

I think this problem is related to permissions (or Active Directory synchronization) but i don't know how to track and solve it 

Tell me please what could be the problem?

Friday, May 13, 2011 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Delmar74,

I shouldn't be realated to either perms or AD sync. I've checked on one of my systems, and normal operation of publishing a project doesn't change the subscriptions, neither does re-synching the permissions.  Might be worth checking any SharePoint jobs?

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Friday, May 13, 2011 9:36 AM
  • If I create a subscription to sharepoint site (non PWA), it is saved. Disappear only subscription on the PWA project site. 

I checked my job error and did not find any related to the notification service. Could you please give me more specifics about what job to look for?

Friday, May 13, 2011 1:48 PM
  • Are you granting these users permissions to the Project Site directly? That could explain the problem. You should use the PWA security model to control this.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 2:20 PM
  • How can this be realated to the e-mail subscriptions? I can understand that users rights dissappear, but subscriptions? And you see,  subscriptions dissappear for all users. Rights to some of these users are granted via PWA.  It happens that  the rights are given using PWA sites directly but all our subscriptions for SharePoint sites dissapear at the same time for all PWA sites ( subscriptions on the common SharePoint sites (mostly TFS team portals) remain intact).
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Delmar, you appear to have exhausted both mine and Gary's suggestions, (and certainly I cannot replicate your behaviour) so now might be a time to

1.  Test on another instance or test system

2.  open a support case with MS.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:12 PM
  • Ok, thank you!

If I find the answer, I'll post it here.

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:41 PM