Outlook.com Receive mail issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.There is a serious delay (about a few hours) in receiving messages in my Outlook mailbox, and sometimes I don't even receive the messages.After encountering this issue, I found related methods on the help page. After I tried the method, it didn't work.(Turn off security software, firewalls, change network environment, etc.)When I later contacted the Outlook support team, they assisted me in troubleshooting. It was finally confirmed that this was an issue with the Outlook.com server.I have been troubled for about a week.I need help.Please help me.Thank you .

Monday, January 6, 2020 10:33 AM

Answers

• HI,

Can you try changing your outlook from cache mode to online mode which will help in getting the emails (it would work similar to that of OWA).

you can also try to create a new profile and make the profile in cache mode and make it to 6 months as below.

File>Account settings>Account settings>Select your email address

check the option use cached exchange mode to download email to an outlook data file and move the bar to 6 months.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, January 6, 2020 11:30 AM

All replies

• HI,

Can you try changing your outlook from cache mode to online mode which will help in getting the emails (it would work similar to that of OWA).

you can also try to create a new profile and make the profile in cache mode and make it to 6 months as below.

File>Account settings>Account settings>Select your email address

check the option use cached exchange mode to download email to an outlook data file and move the bar to 6 months.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, January 6, 2020 11:30 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your help.I checked many times and contacted the support team to confirm that it might be an issue with a third-party platform. This helped a lot in my other issue.Thank you.

Monday, January 6, 2020 12:46 PM
  • Good to hear that the above solution helped you in someway with other issues.

Monday, January 6, 2020 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

You configured your Outlook.com account on your Outlook desktop client, right?

Then based on your description, your issue may be related to your account server not the Outlook client.

If so, to close this thread, please kindly mark helpful replies or your own reply as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue. 

Your contribution is highly appreciated:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:04 AM